Health: Exploring Sickness Symptoms2/19/2015
I know this is a supposedly ‘beauty blog’. But since I’m busy and usually sick at times, make-up reviewing is temporarily on hiatus.
So here’s a little twist.
For years, I have battled my way through seasonal allergies and just plain allergies in general. If you are of those that have serious sinus congestion, with teary-eyes and clear-liquidy mucus combined with terrible headache and eventually followed by unexplainable back ache and irritable mood, then for sure you know what I mean.
I’m starting this series of blog as a written reminder for myself as well as a compilation of all the research that I’m doing in my quest to finally beat this sickness that I am constantly having.
As a disclaimer, I am NOT, in any ways, a doctor, a nurse, a physician, a nutritionist, a dietician, a psychologist, nor am I a professional salesperson to recommend or force you to take or do whatever I am stating here. These are not intended to cure, diagnose or treat any of your disease but are merely compiled for my own personal use. These are just simple research that I know have helped me in one way or another.
So, to start things off, I know you are curious as to what really the symptoms of my sickness are. Let me break it down to these:
And to top it all off, I have a long-term relationship with Hormonal Imbalance, in which symptoms includes:
Not only that I also get these interesting symptoms more often lately:
Sneezing over and over again, especially after I wake up in the morning.
- A runny nose.
- A tickle in my throat or coughing caused by postnasal drip.
- Watery, itchy eyes. This may be allergic pinkeye.
- Itchy ears, nose, and throat.
- Breathing through my mouth because my nose is blocked.
- Rubbing my nose
- Eyes being sensitive to light
- Feeling tired, grumpy and moody
- Pressure in my ear and having a hard time hearing
- Discomfort or pain in my face
- Dark circles or patches under my eyes 1
- Sore Throat
- I feel tired for no reason.
- I have trouble getting up in the morning, even when I go to bed at a reasonable hour.
- I are feeling rundown or overwhelmed.
- I have difficulty bouncing back from stress or illness.
- I crave salty and sweet snacks – sometimes.
- I feel more awake, alert and energetic after 6PM than I do all day (This happens a lot! ) 2
- Persistent weight gain
- Belly fat (yes!) and loss of muscle mass (I guess so)
- Anxiety, irritability, depression (most of the time)
- Insomnia and poor sleep patterns
- Digestion Problems
- Cravings 3
- Chin Acne or deep cystic acne
Remember, I’m NOT a doctor or a medical student. I am an IT freak who went into the horrible business world.
Fact is, I could just go and buy over-the-counter medicines which would obviously heal me temporarily But since I am this curious girl who wants to get to the root cause of everything, I got
tired of popping in pills inside my body and have my ailments come back again sooner or later.
It is frustrating and definitely annoying.
So if you have any one of these symptoms.. we are kindred spirits.
And you hopefully you can help me get over these disturbing cases in one way or other, as well, by commenting below.
Ciao - for now!!!